We understand the priorities of every buyer are different. From your preferred locations, property types & investment objectives, we listen carefully and take the time to understand your unique requirements before beginning a property search.
We will contact you to conduct a thorough interview and see how we can help you.
Pre-Approval / Evidence of Funds
Before your arrival and before we begin to search property for you, you will need to submit one of the following:
- If you are making a cash offer, you should be able to provide proof of funds available.
- If you will be needing financing, you must provide a Pre-Qualification or Pre-Approval Letter from a local lender.
What is the difference between pre-qualification and pre-approval?
A pre-qualification is like an audition, while a preapproval is a dress rehearsal for an actual loan application.
Without digging too deeply into your financial details, a lender can estimate how much mortgage you’ll likely qualify for and some preliminary loan terms. This is commonly referred to as mortgage pre-qualification. It’s based on your estimated credit score and other details you provide the lender, such as the purchase price of a home you would like to buy, your down payment, your monthly debts and how you would want to structure your loan (length, fixed- or adjustable-rate interest, and so on).
With a preapproval, you complete a full application with supporting documentation, The lender pulls your credit report and score and puts an offer in writing to give you a loan at a given interest rate.
A pre-approval letter holds more weight during the home search process than a loan pre-qualification, which is an informal estimate from a lender stating how much you may be able to borrow.
Getting a Pre-Approval is a significant part of the home-buying process.
1. It pinpoints a price range.
2. It narrows down the neighborhoods and property types you should consider.
3. It makes you look good to sellers. Sellers aren't going to like it if they need to wait for a buyer to get approved for a mortgage before a serious offer can be made or accepted.
4. It speeds up the home-buying process. By receiving a mortgage pre-approval beforehand, you'll have fewer major hurdles to overcome when you decide to make an offer.
As showings take time to properly plan, we cannot accommodate last-minute showings without a previous appointment.
Keep in mind that many listing agents on the island do not work the weekends, limiting access to the properties available to be seen - and many rental income properties are occupied/rented on weekends and cannot be visited while occupied... so you need to accommodate a few weekdays on your travel plans.
We will need a minimum of 1 week prior to your arrival to properly schedule appointments with other agents and run comparables.